Help shape the business plan ahead of our renewal ballot in Autumn 2024. Consultation closes 29th March 2024.
- Hereford Business Improvement District (HBID) is one of over 300 independent UK BIDS and is run by local businesses for businesses. Through a partnership of levy-paying members, we work to improve trade for the benefit of those paying in.
- Founded in 2015 by business owners who wanted to reinvigorate Hereford’s centre, we deliver a tailored range of projects and services designed to promote and enhance commerce. Initiatives include outdoor events, schemes to encourage shoppers to your door, safety and security coordination, a dedicated handy team who add an extra shine to cleanliness of streets, business opportunities & news - providing vital trading information (such as footfall data), and giving businesses a strong voice on key issues affecting them.
- The Hereford BID is a democratically elected not-for-profit organisation with a board made up of local business people who are your representatives.
- Under Government legislation we are now approaching the end of our 2nd five-year term, and therefore to continue, need to run a renewal ballot. This is where you come in. We would welcome your views on what you think we have done well and what we could have done better; we also want to hear of any new initiatives you would like to see introduced.
- Hereford BID is THE VOICE of the city centre - this is your opportunity to make your views heard and help shape its future.
5 Years of Delivery
Our 2020-25 business plan essentially covered 3 main areas of objectives you told us you would like to see achieved in Hereford. Below are examples of what we have done.
High-Profile Hereford: Promotion and Events
- Creation of the ‘Hereford City Life’ consumer brand for Hereford. Using 3 channels across Facebook, Instagram, and a website, we sent out over 500,000 consumer emails over 4 years promoting member businesses and our numerous seasonal campaigns such as Mother’s Day, Easter, Summer Holidays etc.
- £60,000 worth of sales of the Hereford Gift Card since launch in 2021 equating to a total in-store spend of £96,000 when redeemed; this includes a typical 60% up-spend of £36,000. Cards can only be used in Hereford BID member businesses.
- 4 highly successful Christmas Festivals that included street music, world class walk-around performers, Nutcracker Trails, Best Dressed Shop Window, 600+ Christmas trees and a combination of local and regional marketing campaigns enticing shoppers to the city.
- Engaged 4,000 users on our successful LoyalFree App where our members promote offers and deals to entice shoppers in. The same app is also used to put on fun trails where approximately 14,000 individuals went around the town to scan QR codes in return for small prizes during events such as Halloween Scarecrow Trail, ‘Easter Eggtravaganza’ experience, Love Hereford Day, Dino Fun and more.
- Delivered over 20 Seasonal Events (2020-2024) including Ferrous International Blacksmithing Festival, Dinosaur Days, Love Hereford, Easter, Summertime Fun, Applefest (co-funded), Halloween and Christmas – to name but a few!
- Our popular Hereford Bull Trail is now entering its 5th year where over the course of (up to) 6 months participants visit 20 hospitality venues for a hot or cold drink to then receive a stamp and ultimately their free limited-edition t-shirt. This year we expect to see our 1,000th entrant supporting the hospitality sector.
The Hereford Experience – Welcoming, Safe & Clean
- Provided the popular and well-known DISC Security System allowing 200 registered members to report crime and help identify individuals. With contributors from West Mercia Police, CCTV, Maylords, Old Market and Retail Radio Scheme, the quality and quantity of intelligence has soared helping to convict criminals and support businesses who reported over 1000 incidents since 2020.
- Led and chaired by Hereford BID we host ‘Team Hereford’ – a monthly meeting for businesses, Police, CCTV, Vennture, HAND and more to attend and discuss security, individual criminals and any other operational issues affecting Hereford.
- Our handy team dutifully planted and tended to over 1000 trees and flowers during the last 4 years that saw dazzling and beautiful blossoming apple trees alongside the Police Station and cedar wood planters by the Herdsman.
- Each year we provide, install, and maintain 500+ high quality free hanging baskets & planters for our members that contain rich and vibrant colours that makes the city look stunning. Since 2020 over 2000 have been hung!
Business Voice: Lobbying & Support
- We lobbied and represented you to Hereford Council and West Mercia Police on at least 15 occasions from Eign Gate anti-social behaviour to the planned removal of parking in Broad Street.
- 260 weekly Footfall Reports sent out to members providing vital trading data on individual streets and city
- Launched a new BID Website with clear information and opportunities to help you trade.
- We provided a digital bi-monthly and hand delivered quarterly newsletter on opportunities of grants, BID initiatives and relevant news stories to help your bottom line.
- Delivered training and networking events with guest speakers on subjects from managing anxiety as a business owner to keeping staff motivated and focused.
For more information on our projects please visit www.herefordbid.co.uk/projects
Your Views Are Important to us
Complete the survey online